|Dimensions||21.5 × 14.5 × 0.5 cm|
Prof Dr Z. R. El-Naggar
Shorouk Int Bookshop
Scientific Facts Revealed In The Glorious Quran
- RM 10.00
- RM 5.00
- RM 5.00
- Overall you save RM 5.00 (50%) on this product
Scientific Facts Revealed in the Glorious Qur’an : Selected examples from the area of Earth Sciences, by geologist Prof. Dr. Z. R. El-Naggar. This small book includes has 16 pages with color illustrations to help the reader visualize what the author explains. He discusses verses in the Qur’an with the supporting scientific facts.
The Islamic Worldview, Ethics and Civilization: Issues in Contemporary Interdisciplinary Discourse (P/B)
Part 1: Worldview and Civilization
1. Culture and civilization: A review of concepts (Suleiman M. H. Boayo)
2. The question of development in Islam: Revitalising the role of worldview & civilizational vision (Abdelaziz Berghout)
3. Urbanization & resources sustainability: lessons from Maqasid al-shariah (Abubakr Imam Ali-Agan & Muhammad Bello Ibrahim)
4. Defining moderation & extremism in the light of the Qur’an and Sunnah (Jamal Ahmed Badi)
5. The Islamic Worldview on the preservation and restoration of mental health (Abdul Latif Abdul Razak)
Part 2: Ethics and Religion
1. The role of religion in shaping moral character: Islamic & catholic perspectives (Fatmir Mehdi Shehu)
2. Media audience ethics in Islam and Christianity (Abdul Kabir Hussain Solihu)
3. Voluntarism: An Islamic Perspective (Kabuye Uthman Sulaiman)
4. Servant leadership in Islam (Abdul Raufu Ambali, Ahmad Naqiyuddin Bakar, Jasmine Ahmad & Zahra Tariq)
5. Islamic Perspective of suicide attack: concepts, causes and effects (Md. Yousuf Ali)
6. Euthanasia: An Islamic Perspective (Mohammad Manzoor Malik)
“Corruption is a disease that can sweep through society like a tidal wave, leaving in its wake a trail of negligence, lethargy, inefficiency and callous disregard of man’s inhumanity to man. What is it like to live inside such a society? Why has it taken such strong root in so many countries? Is there no sense of outrage and shame against such a phenomenon among our elite? What can be done to stem the tide? Is it corruption as it is known in the West? These disturbing questions and more are answered in this book. Corruption in all its forms, bribery nepotism, and extortion, is shown for what it is – a major cause of the dehumanization and victimization of innocent people. The corrupt have no aspirations for the betterment of their societies. For this reason, all decent people must be gravely concerned with the problem and nurture the next generation to confront the corrupt and disrupt their way of life.”
Psychology, with all its by-products and off shoots, has assumed in the West the status of religion, and for many people has replaced it. As in other areas of social sciences, some Muslim thinkers and scholars have developed an amazing skill for the unthinking repetition and blind copying of Western, non-Islamic ideas and practices. “In the Lizard’s Hole” is a Prophetic epitaph that describes this activity very well. Some Muslim psychologists insist dogmatically on prying even into lizard’s holes that have been partly or totally abandoned by their Western counterparts. But do Muslims really need modern psychology at all? Is modern psychology wholly Western? Is there a way in which it could be reconciled with Islam? These burning questions lie lurking behind the dilemma of Muslim psychologists.
Delivery will be after 2nd February
Pre Order Terms and Conditions
- Pre-orders require payment to be made at checkout.
- Please note that due to the nature of pre-order items, we will not be accepting cancellations.
- If you combine in-stock and pre-ordered items, ALL items will be shipped at once when all pre-ordered items are available. No separate delivery is allowed.
- Once you place an order with us, it means that you are willing to accept these terms & conditions.
For your own protection, you nedd to know who the real terrorists are, because it isn’t over yet.
Discover who really was behind 9/11 and the London bombings.
Find out which terrorists attempted to blow up the Alaska pipeline.
Discover who nearly destroyed the congressional building in Mexico and why.
Find out which terrorists were caught with bomb-making materials near U.S. nuclear plants.
Learn which terrorists jeered and laughed with joy while Americans were dying in the World Trade Center disaster.
This book presents a thematic treatment of Islamic civilisation. Each of the fourteen chapters comprising this book treats at least one of the major themes that are characteristic of this youngest religiously-based civilisation of the world.