Beyond Mere Christianity (H/B)
- RM 23.00
- RM 23.00
- RM 23.00
The book is called Beyond Mere Christianity for two reasons. First, in response to C.S. Lewis’ influential 1952 work, Mere Christianity, which stands as a masterpiece of Christian apologetics. The second reason, perhaps less obvious, is that a case can be made, based on current, responsible Gospel scholarship, that Jesus was calling his people to the Salvation that lies beyond the worship of the merely created, the Salvation that relies instead on the direct worship of the Creator. I believe emphatically that the authentic words of Jesus invite us to move beyond what is conventionally understood as Christianity for this Salvation.
The book contains detailed information and descriptions that show how the Bible was changed and tampered with over the past two millennia. The account and the discussions presented are based on, and collected from, the writings of Christian authors, the Church and the Bible.
Table of Contents:
- The Beginning
- A Different Religion?
- The Interest Arises
- The Opposition
- The Way Out
- This is it, But!
- The Urge is Strong
- Another Move
- One More Move
- The Big Move
- The Slavery to Allah Alone
- But They will Come!
Struggling to Surrender: Some Impressions of an American Convert to Islam is a very personal account of one man’s search for God and meaning in the midst of a culture that places no value on such a quest. Dr. Lang was brought up as a Catholic and educated in a Catholic school. However, one day he found that his religious belief could no longer provide satisfactory answers to his questions.
Majed Al-Rassi’s popular booklet, compiled from the works of respected writers on the subject of comparative religion, has been revised and greatly expanded in this new edition. Islam is Your Birthright is a useful and comprehensive guide for Muslims who would like to know how to address non-Muslims on the subject of the relationship between Islam, Christianity and other religions. It is as well a helpful, easy-to-follow explanation of the basic precepts of Islam that interested non-Muslims can pick up and read, without having had any prior study of Islam. Wise men and women know that they are in existence for a purpose and a final destination, whether they know that destination or not. Also, wise people know that if they do not know where they are going, then they will never arrive. In this little book, light is focused on: Why human beings were created What is their final destination How to reach ‘safely’ to that destination
In this book, the author presents 20 most common questions asked by non-muslims, Dr Zakir Naik answers the questions in the most logical and acceptable manner clearing most misconceptions the non-muslims have on Muslims and Islam in general.
– Why is a man allowed to have more than one wife in Islam? i.e. why is polygamy allowed in Islam?
– If a man is allowed to have more than one wife, then why does Islam prohibit a woman from having more than one husband?
– Why does Islam degrade women by keeping them behind the veil?
– How can Islam be called the religion of peace when it was spread by the sword?
– Why are most of the Muslims fundamentalists and terrorists?
– Killing an animal is a ruthless act. Why then do Muslims consume non-vegetarian food?
– Why do Muslims slaughter the animal in a ruthless manner by torturing it and slowly and painfully killing it?
– Science tells us that whatever one eats, it has an effect on one’s behaviour. Why then, does Islam allow Muslims to eat non-vegetarian food, since eating of animals could make a person violent and ferocious?
– When Islam is against idol worship why do the Muslims worship, and bow down to the Kaaba in their prayer?
– Why are non-Muslims not allowed in the holy cities of Makkah and Madinah?
– Why is the eating of pork forbidden in Islam?
– Why is the consumption of alcohol prohibited in Islam?
– Why are two witnesses who are women, equivalent to only one witness who is a man?
– How can you prove the existence of hereafter, i.e. life after death?
– When all the Muslim follows one and the same Qur’an then why there are so many sects and different schools of thoughts among Muslims?
– All religions basically teach followers to do good deeds. Why should a person only follow Islam? Can he not follow any of the religions?
– If Islam is the best religion, why are many of the Muslims dishonest, unreliable, and involved in activities such as cheating, bribing, dealing in drugs, etc.?
– Why do Muslims abuse non-Muslims by calling them ‘Kafirs’?
Choosing Faith In a world of spiritual options, people constantly tell us what to believe. Yet, while we hear these pleas, we’re already functioning with existing beliefs–even if they are beliefs by default. So how do we choose what to believe–especially in the area of faith? Do we need to choose.
This book is mostly dedicated to every Shia who is willing to listen to constructive criticism with an open heart and an enlightened mind. This research is, in fact, a survey of the literature about the rise and spread of Shiism and its fundamental principles. Much of what follows is taken directly from Shia sources. The history, ideological background, and threats posed by Shi’ism against the true Islam of our noble Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)are clearly outlined, and the Muslim finds, in them, a warning against falling prey to the calls of the Shi’ites. Also it is a guidance for Shi’ittes to discover reality of Shi’ism to come back to the original faith of Islamic Monotheism.
This work by Alija Izetbegovic, the late first president of Bosnia and Herzegovina, following its tragic birth from the ashes of Yugoslavia, was first published in 1984 when he was imprisoned by the Communists. It analyses the West’s denial of Islam and the contributions made by Muslims in comparing the offerings of secular and Islamic civilization. It shows where the two meet and part, investigating along the way art, morality, culture and law. Banned in France, this book was a bestseller throughout the rest of Europe in the 1980s, and is now for the first time being re-issued in a new and improved format.